- Demroese, Margret C.; Sterling, Eleanor J. (1999). Interpreting Biodiversity – A Manual for Environmental Educators in the Tropics. New York, NY: Center for Biodiversity and Conservation, American Museum of Natural History.
- Kuhar, Chris W.; Bettinger, Tammie L.; Lehnhardt, Kathy; Townsend, Stephanie; Cox, Debbie. (2007) Into the Forest: The Evolution of a Conservation Education Program at Kalinzu Forest Reserve, Uganda. Applied Environmental Education and Communication, 6, 159-166.
- US AID: http://www.usaid.gov/locations/sub-saharan_africa/publications/ed.html Education in Africa: Selected Publications
- Pan African Conservation Education (PACE) Project: (http://www.paceproj
A compilations of materials specifically designed for African school children which includes a book called ‘Africa Our Home’, short films, a wall poster and a 80 activity sheets
- Great Apes Film Initiative (GAFI) (http://www.gafi4ape
A collection of films of great apes for projects that are working with communities adjacent to ape habitats.
- Getting Along with Elephants Activity Kit
An assortment of materials that teach students about elephants and their threats.