IZE Conference Sponsored Delegates Program
Through its institutional memberships, IZE raises funds to support Zoo and Aquarium Educators to attend the two yearly IZE conference. The Sponsored Delegates Grant is for Zoo and Aquarium Educators who would not otherwise have the means or support to attend the conference. The aim of the program is for IZE to help develop conservation education worldwide, to help achieve our mission of conserving global biodiversity through effective zoo and aquarium programs.
IZE conferences are a fantastic opportunity to learn about best practise in Zoo Education worldwide and to network with others working in conservation education from around the world. The grant is open to any Zoo and Aquarium Education professional worldwide, though preference may be given to those from developing countries. The grant is competitive with successful candidates chosen by the IZE Board. The grant covers conference registration, airfares, accommodation and some meals.
To apply for the IZE Conference Sponsored Delegates Grant please complete the following application form: Word Doc IZE Conference Sponsored Delegates Grant Application Form 2020 or PDF IZE Conference Sponsored Delegates Grant Application Form 2020
Applications must be received on or before December 15, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. The selection results will be announced in February, 2020.
Terms and conditions
- Be native to the country in which he/she works
- Be able to speak English, the Board will conduct interviews via online platform with shortlisted candidates
- Complete and submit the IZE Conference Sponsored Delegates Grant Application Form on the IZE website
- Have a current passport (or able to acquire one before the conference) and apply for a visa
- Submit a letter of support from their institution from the institution being represented by the candidate
- Submit a title and 200 word abstract for their proposed presentation
- Candidate must be from an institution that cannot support international conference costs
- Not have received previous IZE funding, or attended an IZE conference in the past six years
- Be the only representative from their institution attending the IZE conference
- NB Successful candidates will be chosen by the IZE Board
If successful delegates must:
- Ensure they have a valid passport and visa at least one month prior to the start of the IZE conference, any fees associated with this will not be covered by the grant
- Sign the sponsorship acceptance documents
- Present a conference paper (oral presentation or workshop) that represents significant work in the field of conservation education
- Attend all conference sessions
- Be available for photos and videos to share their experiences during the conference
- Two weeks after the conference has ended, submit the two week evaluation report to the IZE President
- Six months after the conference has ended, submit the six month evaluation report to the IZE President